Sunday, December 30, 2012

"Why Me, God?" PART #2


Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

-Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Yesterday's blog I shared what the Lord is teaching me lately as I walk through my trial. A few days ago I called a close friend and just cried as I shared my heartache over this situation. She listened. She let me cry. She reminded me of truth. She "helped me up" after I had "fallen down."

Today I was blessed thinking of how my friend, Fran, took a SEC to edify and uplift me in my time of dispair. Many times a friend is in need and our preoccupation with the "To Do List" takes us away from being a vessel Christ can use. The other stuff can wait....take a SEC and be used by God today.

TAKE  a  S.E.C
Scripture - share a scripture verse with a friend in need via text, email or a quick phone call. Remind them of Truth. Give them hope.

It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. - Isaiah 55:11

Encouragement - allow the Holy Spirit to use your voice to refresh. Pray before you make the call and ask the Lord to give you the words to say. Pray with your friend once you have listened to their "cry." 

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Ephesians 4:29

Challenge- poke and prod a little, ask questions about the situation that has your friend upset and remind them to have a Godly perspective in it all.  Remembering our home is in heaven.

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. - Hebrews 10:24

Have you taken a SEC to encourage and uplift a friend today?

Pray and ask the Lord to reveal how you can better serve your friends in this season of your life.

Do you need a friend to confide in and cry with? Pray. He will provide...after all HE is our Jehovah Jireh, our Perfect Provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment