Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tired?

It occurred to me the other day that I am not nearly as tired as I should be.  Don’t get me wrong I am tired; things have been crazy in our house.  Four kids who seem to be sick every other week for the last 3 months, working, home schooling, washing and disinfecting everything in the house over and over wondering if the craziness will ever stop, and trying to be ready for Christmas.  I am tired.  But like I said not as tired as I should be. 

 

Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”  Isaiah 40: 28-31

 

I read these verses and was reminded of why I am not as tired as I should be.  My God does not grow tired or weary and He is my strength.  Thankful does not seem to be a great enough word to explain how I felt when I had this revelation.  I know my limits and I know they are being pushed way beyond what I can handle in all areas of my life.  I am in awe of the love that my Father has for me.  He sustains me and carries me to places I never thought possible. 

 

I just wanted to encourage moms today with the encouragement the Lord has given me.  If you are feeling overwhelmed and tired remember where your strength comes from and tap into it.  Seek the One who can give you the strength to run and not grow weary, the One who can renew your strength.  

 

Moms seem to have one pace, running, so seek Him in what that running looks like.  Sometimes being overwhelmed and tired is of our own making and God allows us to feel those thing so we slow down and seek Him.  Are you running in the right direction?  Are you running in to many directions?  Are you forgetting God all together?  What does your running look like?

 

“You will keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” 
Isaiah 26:3

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, In your weakness He has been made strong! He is getting the glory in the midst of your pain. You are an amazing mom! I am blessed to serve with you in Parakaleo. You have my prayers this Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete