Saturday, December 15, 2012

Don't Let BITTERNESS Set In

Yesterday's blog was about my trial-some week and the power in His Word. The other day I was sharing with a friend about how in crazy times (that seem continuous) we can allow bitterness to set in. It is those moments when we feel, with our husband or child, that they haven't listened to us and continue to sin or do something we don't approve of, that our hearts become hard causing bitterness to take root. 


Bitterness:
                   "expressive of severe pain, grief, or regret."

My son, who has been struggling lately, continues daily to be defiant. He challenges my authority numerous times each day. But that usually tends to be a small part of my day (maybe 25%) and the rest is blessed by many of his actions. My son talks about wishing for a "heart like Jesus" or the way he loves kids he randomly meets, or the sweet prayers he lifts up in praise of simple things. This can all get overlooked if I choose to let bitterness set in. Yes it is a "choice" and I can completely miss those awesome things he does because I am SO focused on where he failed me. 

It is hard when you feel as if you've exhausted all measures (prayer, reading scripture, having friends pray, ect.) with no results seen. But scripture reminds me of Truth I can take hold of and stand firm on. These verses encourage me knowing I walk this path with the One who holds my future in His mighty hands. My Father who sees the end product of the "mess" I see right in front of me.
Remember....

(1) You WILL have tribulation
 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33

(2) The LORD will hold me & be my HELPER

For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'  -Isaiah 41:13

(3) ASK for TRUTH, of their heart & YOURS too, to be REVEALED in the SITUATION

Therefore do not fear them, for there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. -Matthew 10:26

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. - Matthew 7:7-8

(4) REJOICE knowing HE WORKS it all TOGETHER for my GOOD 

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28

(5) PRAISE them for EVEN the SMALLEST example of IMPROVEMENT or EFFORT seen

 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Ephesians 4:29

CHALLENGE:
--> Do you sense any bitterness in your heart towards your child, spouse, or another?

--> How is the Lord speaking to you today through this blog?

--> What do you think HE wants you to do about it?

--> Go and do it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment