Saturday, December 22, 2012

PROCLAIMING in PUBLIC

By this all men will know
 that you are my disciples, 
if you love one another.
 - John 13:35


This past Wednesday my husband surprised me and took me to Disney! Yep without kids and just the two of us. We had a whole day to ourselves and it couldn't have been sweeter. After our day of show watching, my husband had a special night planned for us in Epcot where we watched their annual Christmas Candlelight Processional. It was beautiful.


Filled with great music, beautiful decorations, and the story of Jesus' birth read aloud made for a great show. Scripture was shared and many times I leaned over to my husband in awe listening to Walt Disney World proclaim truth about my Savior's birth. It was refreshing! So often the name of Jesus is quieted in public squares but not that night. Voices declared who He was and what He did while on earth. I was blessed.


It got me thinking....am I proclaiming Truth about my Savior in public places too? Or do I shy away from declaring His goodness and where my hope is found. I want to be that believer who is refreshing both to the saved and lost alike. After all at the end of the day it is Christ's opinion of me that truly matters, right? I want to be bold. I want to shine bright. 


Even in the midst of busyness before Christmas remember to be that cup of cold water for those people you encounter throughout your day. The Lord wants to use you to refresh the believer, encourage that lost person, and declare truth about why we really celebrate during Christmas season.....the Savior, we worship, was born!

How are you emotionally this Christmas season?

How are you spiritually this Christmas season?

Do you want to be used by Him to refresh others? Pray! He wants to use you!


No comments:

Post a Comment