Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Delivered Me, Lord


As I read the Scriptures to our kids about the birth of Jesus coming up to Christmas day I noticed one verse that stuck out to me.  I don’t think I’d ever really paid much attention to this verse before but now, as a mom it sort of…delivered me. 

“So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her

to be delivered.” Luke 2:6

We all read over this part of the “Christmas story” and may not realize Mary’s incredible story of deliverance lay right before our eyes.  Now I understand that in context this sentence means that she was ready to give birth but does it mean anything more?  Have you been delivered?  Since this is the day after Christmas it’s time for us to be delivered.  Let’s ask the Lord to deliver us from anything that keeps us from Him. 

I confess, I have procrastinated on a lot of things, such as not purchasing gifts for family that live far away (still haven’t gotten them the gifts!).  I need to be delivered from this and I ask the Lord now to “DELIVER ME from this spirit of procrastination that hovers over me”.  Guilt is attached to it too, “LORD please DELIVER ME from this guilt.”

Now walk in it. (Isaiah 30:21, Jeremiah 7:23)  Walk in freedom and righteousness.  Walk in Christ.

Write a comment about how you have been delivered or what you are asking God to deliverer you from today.  You did a great job, momma!  Thanks for serving the Lord and walking in deliverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment