Saturday, December 8, 2012

Love Your Enemies!


"But I tell you: 
Love your enemies 
and pray for those 
who persecute you" 
- Matthew 5:44


So, who is your enemy? Well today mine was a 8 year old boy on a playground. Yep this little kid tried to scare my son, take his toy, and made him fall and scratch his knee. It may seem elementary to some, but I was upset this kid was trying to bother my son and caused him to trip and get hurt in the process.

But...

It lead to great discussion in the car and allowed our family to pray for that young boy (our "enemy") this afternoon as well as at bedtime. Our park situation brought to mind the above verse and gave opportunity for my son to learn a great lesson. Honestly I did NOT "want" to pray for that boy but my heart knew that was what the Word of God tells me to do. 

So who is your child's "enemy" right now?

Remind him/her to pray for them during those times your child gets hurt.

ps. Mom, is there an "enemy" in your life who is persecuting you? 

Who is the Lord prompting you to pray for as you read this blog?? Obey...pray... and watch Him work!


1 comment: