Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Life is a Vapor Part 2

So, I came across an amazing devotion from My Utmost that I wanted to share with you. However, each time I went to upload it tonight, I received an error message. I stopped after my 4th attempt and realized, the Holy Spirit must have something else He wants to say today, in this moment to me, to you, to us.

Over the past few weeks "vapor" and "moment" as you know have been reoccurring terms in my life. Tonight, pressing on my heart are many realizations that this life here on earth, is only for a moment. We can miss it if we aren't careful. God took such careful attention in creating such a beautiful place for us. In six short, but very busy detailed days, He created an amazing place for us to dwell, temporarily. I know I can fill a calendar "like nobody's business" and run from the east to west side of town in 40 minutes flat. I know I can busy myself in ministry and my calling, but I have to challenge us all to say, is that what God would really want us to do?

Just stop for a moment and think of the last time you actually watched the rain fall. I'm not talking about watching it because you were hoping it would stop, but watching it in wonder and awe. Or the last time you admired the beauty of a flower and the intricate parts? When was the last time you sat on the beach and stilled yourself to hear His faint whisper in the sounds of the waves or ocean breeze? When was the last time you took hold of your lil ones or not so lil ones hands and danced with them, even if there wasn't music playing? Be silly, my dear ones. Laugh. Enjoy life, for it is passing us by ever so quickly and He, as our Creator, wants us to enjoy every moment of it.

My dear friend who is battling for his life right now, is hanging on and fighting the good fight. Diagnosed with Leukemia, the Chemo is taking its toll on his fragile body. As his wife and two year old son watch this happen to their loved one, I can only imagine their thoughts....and his. I know when he comes through this valley, he will dance, laugh, be silly, etc. Life is a vapor. Let us take hold of each day, each moment, each opportunity. Tell those you love, you love them. Make sure they know it. Hold them close. Draw near to your friends. Forgive and Forget. Yes, even the toughest of situations. Let go and let God. Finally, love God and love people. Everything else will fall into place.

He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Luke 10:27



2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said Lena! So true! Such a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder Lena! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete