Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Clouded Vision vs Clear Vision

 
Wipers – essential for motor vehicles.  When I was single, a friend from Bible study replaced my windshield wipers.  I was thankful but didn’t think they really needed changing as they appeared to be working just fine.  I wasn’t expecting anything the next time I used them.  However, that night while driving home I hit a patch of rainy weather and to my amazement those new wipers helped me see crystal clearly.  It was like the veil had been lifted!  I thought I was seeing clearly before, but in reality it was clouded vision. 

How about us in life? Life with children is awesome, but we need to make sure our spiritual vision is clear.  We need to be in the Word, in fellowship with other believers, and praying, otherwise our spiritual vision could dim slowly…but surely. 

Isaiah 58
 1“Cry aloud, spare not;
Lift up your voice like a trumpet; …
6 Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke? 

Fasting – essential for the Christian mom.  Have you ever fasted for your children’s salvation, for their health, for the friends they will choose in life, for their future spouses?  Let’s get on our knees and choose to make a difference through the act of prayer while fasting.  Let’s ask the Lord for clearer vision, discernment, and wisdom in raising the lives He has entrusted to us.  Foster moms, blood-related moms, aunts, sisters… have opportunities to change destinies through prayer.  Let’s refocus our spiritual sight, fast and pray, and expect God to do great things. 
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.

          Recently, our 2 ½ year-old son was sick and I fasted and prayed for him to receive the Lord’s healing and to show me anything I might be missing as his mom.  The Lord Almighty is doing a great work in us, ladies, just keep seeking Him and communing with Him.

 Lord, I thank You for your ever-presence in our lives.  Thank You for doing that great work in us where we can clearly seek Your face, follow Your path, and show our kids how to do that too.  Lord, it’s an honor to serve You in this capacity and we don’t take it lightly, so please fill us with fresh wisdom and a renewed spirit to raise our kids in the manner pleasing to You.  Please help us to lead them to You.  We know You are waiting to give us new wipers for our clouded vision and we receive Your blessing now.  In Jesus’ Name.  Amen. 

**For extra credit :-)  read the amazing rest of Isaiah 58, especially WOOHOO, verse 12 (part B)!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Laura! For your transparency, honesty and challenge to fast. It is something that is life changing and we don't do enough. This was a great reminder how powerful our prayers are and how HE values our sacrifice in worship. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete