Monday, April 30, 2012

Hide and Seek

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV) Ever play hide and seek with your little ones? Ever pick a really hard spot and find that they are having a hard time finding you? What do you do next? Do you give them a hint, or do you listen as they become increasingly frustrated and start to cry? Does the search go on for hours, all day? Of course not! At some point, you either give a hint or reveal yourself…I hope. :) I love the promises embedded in God’s word, and one of his many promises to us is that if we seek him, we will find him. He does not take pleasure in concealing himself as we become increasingly frustrated. One thing the Lord has been speaking to my heart about lately is seeking His face (intimacy with him), and not just His hand (blessings). I want to know God. I want to experience his power and love at work in my life in the smooth times and the rough times. When I read the Bible, I need to ask him to speak to my heart and reveal himself to me. I have to admit that sometimes I open the Bible with self-seeking motives: God tell me something to make me feel good. Tell me something to help with my situation right now. Let’s decide today to go deeper than that. Let’s seek the Lord’s face and not just his hand. Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for the love and joy we find in you. Thank you for the promises of your Word. May we seek your face and fall more in love with you. May we worship you with our lives. May we find that when we are seeking you, you are right there. We love you God. Thank you for revealing yourself to us. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. Check out the link to this song: “Give Us Clean Hands” by Mark Schultz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNwc5uzpkMU

1 comment: