Wednesday, April 25, 2012

In Your Hands

In these economic times, I hope this brings some encouragement to anyone who has worried or struggled over their finances when raising a family.  From When I'm Praising God by Anita Donihue.

How thankful I am, Lord, that I don't have to depend only on my own resources to provide for my needs.  My happiness isn't dependent upon earthly treasures.  Instead, You know very well what I need.

When I do the best I can to make ends meet, I trust in You and share my tithes with You, I will not lack in what You know I need.  Thank You for not withholding the good things from me as I follow along Your paths of righteousness.  I trust in You.

When I'm tempted to toss and turn because of financial worries, I can cast my cares upon You and thank You already for answers to come.  Then as I trust in You, I have a peace greater than anyone can comprehend.

Have you counted the hairs on my head?  (I must keep You busy when I tear my hair out from worry.  Forgive my distrust, Lord.)  Do You really know each time a sparrow falls?  How valued am I?  Certainly more than a bird, yet they are important, too.

Each time I work to make the money stretch, remind me, Lord, to come to You with even the small needs.  I know You care about those, too.  I praise You for each blessing and miracle You give.

I will bless the Lord at all times:
  his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make her boast in the Lord:
  the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
O magnify the Lord with me,
  and let us exalt his name together.
I sought the Lord, and he heard me,
and delivered me from all my fears.
                                        Psalm 34:1-4


No comments:

Post a Comment