Sunday, April 29, 2012

An Outlet

 "A friend loves at all times." - Proverbs 17:17

Last night I was blessed to have coffee with a friend. We don't really know each other all that well but have the common bond of Jesus. After a few moments into our conversation I felt the prompting of the  Holy Spirit to just listen. She needed that. After talking, the weight was lifted and she felt better.

We all need that. An outlet. A place to come and bare our heart and know we will not be judged but prayed for. We all want to be heard.

As a mom we encounter so many struggles and question our decisions continually. We need to have a place we go to for refuge. Where when all that is within us wants to give up but the Lord is saying, "Be still and wait I am doing something here." When is that "coffee time" for you? Do you schedule in some "me time" to get out and talk with other moms to be encouraged and lifted up?

I am so thankful for  my close friend, Fran, that I can call up (even if I am crying) and ask her for prayer. She doesn't judge, but encourages and prays with me.  It is so important to have a friend that is like-minded (Christian) that will build us up (with scripture and prayer) when we are falling down.

Do you have that friend who is your "outlet"? Coffee time for yourself to be refreshed and renewed for your family?

If not, pray and He will provide. He made us for community and knows that there is life in communion with Him and others.

1 comment:

  1. And thank you for being an outlet for me as well :) God is SO good!

    ReplyDelete