Sunday, April 22, 2012

Solution to Chaos

But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way. 
                        - 1 Corinthians 14:40-

Throughout our life we encounter lessons the Lord is trying to teach us. Sometimes we get in the first time and other times it takes some good frustration before our minds recall what we heard and didn't heed.



Lately it seems my boys have really enjoyed jumping, punching, and hitting each other way too much. I have found myself getting irritated as it seems I cannot do anything without someone crying or whining in the process. As I tried to find a common denominator of why this was happening, it occurred to me that our life has gotten off of our regular schedule. We need a routine. We need a schedule.

Today was a rainy day.  But it was great. It caused us to get back on our schedule. We got back on routine and had blanket time (time each child has seperate from each other to play alone - on a blanket or designated area).  Taking many 10-15 minute intervals with different activities (setting our kitchen timer). It allowed me to slow down and enjoy my boys. Exhausting as it was (with no naps mind you), I cherished our quality time together.  


Schedules work. They help alleviate boredom in our kids, which is where most chaos occurs.
 

Are you on a schedule?

If you are not sure....try this activity
---> Get a notepad & commit to write down every activity you do throughout the day
---> After a week (or less) you will see a pattern (or lack of one) with your day/week

This activity was so convicting and telling as I did this last summer :)


If you do not have a schedule....make one.....print it out....put it up....follow it through!

No comments:

Post a Comment