Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Surprise in the Sky

"Thirsty hearts are those whose longings have been wakened by the touch of God within them." (A.W. Tozer)

"Surely I am with you always." (Matthew 28:20)

"He will quiet you with his love." (Zephaniah 3:17)

I was driving with my boys the other day and the sky ahead of us was very strange; almost the color of a sky that could produce a tornado. Kind of reddish-gray, heavy and dark. It gave me a funny feeling just looking at it, but I kept driving thinking it was probably just a rain cloud--hoping it wasn't anything more. And then, as I rounded a bend in the road the sky became less angry and a beautiful rainbow revealed itself off to our right. It was so surprising as just minutes ago I was feeling worried about the weather but now how this beautiful arch in the sky had shifted my focus so quickly in the opposite direction.

How amazing is our Creator. I wasn't scared anymore.

That rainbow had been there all along. But as long as it was hidden from my view, the sky in front of me was all that was on my mind. How often do we go along in our day dwelling on things that create worry and anxiety while all along God is right there? Waiting. Beautiful. Wonderful. Amazing. Yet we miss Him because there are other things in front of us that are distracting our thoughts.

I pray that as you go through your day, you'll give Him an opportunity to bless you. Through scripture, through music, or friends. I just know He'll wow you!

Dear Lord,
It is so easy to get caught up in ourselves during the day. Our worries, fears and anxieties as a mom. Please take our eyes off of the temporary things of this world and to see the eternal in You. Give us rest in You and a peace that only comes from trusting in your power.
We pray this in Your name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment