Friday, April 20, 2012

Mom, are we there yet?


This week Greg and I are on a family road trip to be with His parents for their 50th wedding anniversary.  When taking a road trip I always try to start with my best foot forward by washing and preparing the van for the adventure.  Cleaning it good inside and out, washing the windows, stocking it with essentials such as; water bottles, snacks, paper towels, Clorox wipes and tissues.
  
Our family has had many road trips under our belt.  We have been laughing while sharing favorite moment stories from past trips.  We have had many trip challenges to overcome, some small, like emergency bathroom stops or getting lost, and some large, like accidents or car sickness.  We have great bonding times on the open road.  As we reminisce about our favorite stories, I think as a mom how our family has grown and changed through the years,

Car music - From Barney to Justin Bieber
Luggage - From Diaper Bag to Ballet Bags
Snacks - From Cheerios to Sandwiches
Entertainment – From Road Trip Bingo to watching DVDs and listening to iPods
From Single to Married for one of our Daughters and now Son-In-Law first road tip (Also the first trip that our son will meet us there from college)

I look back with such gratitude and see how faithful God has been to our family.   Road trips are not just about the destination, but about the memories that we build along the way. I am looking forward with great expectation to many more trips in our future.  

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. Phil 4:11 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment