Friday, April 13, 2012

A Remnant of Easter



            As I glance out the back windows of our home since Sunday…I smile!

I am reminded of the two dozen friends and family we had in our home for Easter dinner.  I am reminded of the food we ate, the friendships that were represented and most importantly the reason we celebrate Easter.

As a mom, I smile looking at the remnant of Easter.  Or should I say the remnant of motherhood?

I see hanging from the largest tree in our yard tissue paper flowers.  Our oldest, Michelle made the flowers. 

Greg and I often said we should have named Michelle, “Happy.”  Michelle always finds happiness in life. 

As believers, we can’t live expecting happiness, rather we can choose to rejoice!  Rejoice in all circumstances.

I Thessalonians 5: 16 – 18  “Rejoice always…for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

        I should really take those tissue paper flowers down, but instead, I will rejoice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment