Saturday, January 28, 2012

You Want Me To Do What?

"For I live in eager expectation and hope for I will never do anything that causes me shame, but that I will always be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past, and that my life will always honor Christ, whether I live or die." - Philippians 1:20

By nature I am not a bold person. Don't get me wrong, I will share my opinion when asked and my body language definitely lets you know how I feel with any given subject. But I want to be more bold for Christ. There have been many times in my walk with Christ that He has called me to step out in faith and obey. It can be exciting. It can be scary. But one thing I know is that I am not alone. He is with me.


Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. -Hebrews 4:16

I love this verse because it reminds us that we must approach His throne first before we can get the help we so desperately need. HE wants to give it and longs to strengthen us... all we have to do is ask.
SO, have you felt the nudge? You know, the prompting to go and do something you have never done before, in the name of Jesus.

I want to teach my children to obey the Holy Spirit even when it is uncomfortable. I want my kids to know that supernaturally the Lord wants to do these great things in their life if they will just submit to His will and not their own. How do I share that practically with my kids? Read them those awesome stories in His word of how obedience led to great victory and then share those times HE walked alongside as you took that step out of the boat in faith and obedience (Matt. 14:29). All the while you must keep your eyes focused on Him and not the circumstances that surround your obedience or you may sink. Your testimony to your children, of what God did in and through you, will leave legacies once you are gone. Along with them seeing the fruit that came from your obedience.

Don't allow Satan to discourage you! I was having a rough day with the boys recently and a friend text me "Satan is great with discouragement."  SO true! If thoughts of doubt come into your mind, pray that the Lord would give you clarity and wisdom (James 1:5) on what HE wants you to do next.

What is HE asking you to do? Are your eyes focused on HIm as you get out of the boat?

2 comments:

  1. Kate, I WOULD describe you as a bold person,but it is so beautifully wrapped in grace and humility you miss it! He has draped you well. Proud of you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed this encouragement today, thanks Kate!

    ReplyDelete