Friday, November 25, 2011

Some Day my Prince Will Come


Our daughter Michelle is 21 years old.  When she was about five years old, I remember hearing her cry one night after I had tucked her in and said good night.  I came back to her room to check on her and asked why she was crying.  In that precious little rough voice, she said, “I’m just afraid (sob sob) that one day my Prince Charming will come and I won’t recognize him!”

Would you say God blessed me with a Romantic?  I tried to hold back the laughter. I was glad it was dark so she couldn’t see me smiling. Michelle was bawling as if it had already happened and she would be single the rest of her life.
image found here 191277788_pqzh3g0M__b.jpg
Tomorrow my Princess Michelle will marry her Prince Charming!

I can hardly believe those words, or this reality.

It has been a pleasure to be Michelle’s mom. It has thrilled my soul to watch her grow into the Princess God has intended her to be. I am honored God entrusted me with the privilege to love on and pray for Michelle and her future spouse.

But the reality is, it has just gone so quickly. Too quickly.

Reality is, life happens fast.

Our babies do learn to feed themselves, dress themselves. They grow up and learn to communicate and interact with others.  My prayers for Michelle and her future spouse were that they would fall madly in love with Jesus and find someone who is in love with Him too!

And then it happens. The Prince we prayed for comes.

So today as I enjoy our activities of a Bridesmaids luncheon and a rehearsal and a rehearsal dinner, I know our Eternal Prince will come.  He will so sweep us off our feet and carry us to His perfect home.

Our Father is watching us grow and change.  His desire is that we daily live in humility, falling before His throne and growing in our trust and obedience to Him.  Christ is interceding on our behalf that we fall madly in love with Him and that we accept His love.


As you clean up from the activities of yesterday or busily shop with the Black Friday crowd, don't miss your Prince Charming...He is waiting for you!


I Thessalonians 4:16 - 17 "...for the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a mighty shout...then we who are still alive and remain....will be caught up...to meet the Lord in the air and remain with Him forever."


Todays Prayer:


Oh Father, You are so worthy of all the glory!  I say thank you for each gift you have given me.  Thank you for the events of yesterday and the thrill of this moment.  May I be ever mindful of your presence.  May I reflect You to my children.  May they be drawn into a sweet relationship with You. Help me to stay focused on you, and not get so wrapped up with the distractions of this life. I look forward to seeing You, my Prince Charming!  I love you Lord!  In Jesus' name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Joannie. Lots going on in your heart and mind and I pray that you enjoy the day and are filled with joy at the daughter you've raised. You've done such a good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Joannie this post made me cry! How awesome!! I can't even imagine :) Praying for your whole family. Enjoy the day <3

    ReplyDelete