Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"Mirrors" by Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo



Children are born holding mirrors.
Those mirrors reflect who we are…what is in our heart…  
How much we need Jesus!
My first son came along holding a tiny preemie mirror.
His mirror showed me how little I trusted God. Rather, I was placing my trust in my son’s doctors and nurses.
My second son appeared a short 11 months later holding a “SURPRISE” mirror.
His mirror revealed that I needed some serious patience, wisdom, and kind words.  I had two kids under 1, things of course got a bit harder, and sleep was not happening!
My third child arrived the following year with a pink, sparkly mirror.
As I looked in her mirror I saw how much she wants to be like me and how I need Jesus to continue to help me to become more like Him.
I want Jesus to help me to show her love and acceptance.
Each mirror is different.
Yet the message is the same.
I fall short.
Grace.
Mercy.
As a mom I want my reflection to be Jesus!
II CORINTHIANS 3:18

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a MIRROR the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment