Saturday, October 25, 2014

Losing a Child

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.  He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
 - 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Yesterday was a beautiful day. I watched God use past hurt of one to encourage another. It was a normal day when I felt the prompting of the the Lord to send a scripture verse to an old friend, one I hadn't talk to in a while. Her last Facebook post I had seen was a pregnancy photo shoot picture.  

Her text back was of a picture of a tombstone with her little one's name on it. I immediately picked up the phone and called her to talk. She began to unravel the crazy she experienced as she lost her baby, while in labor, when the cord got caught around her neck and was born stillborn. 

My heart broke. I knew I had no words to share that I understood what she was going through. I just listened and let her talk.  Never saying the daunting words, " I know how you feel." Those words that can be upsetting, to those hurting, unless you have been in their shoes. Many times we say those idle words just to say something because the situation is uncomfortable.

While we spoke, the Lord brought to mind another friend, Jacky, who had gone through a similar loss just a year ago. One who started a support group, wanting to share and encourage others. One who had grieved, was still grieving, but was on the other side now ready to share with others her "crazy."

As soon as we were off the phone, I called Jacky. She promised to contact my other friend and share her story and how far God had brought her. She was thrilled to know that God was using her experience to encourage another. As we spoke for a few moments, Jacky shared all the God-stories that had occurred throughout her last year of grief. It was so cool to hear of lives changed, a baby's life that was saved (mom thinking of abortion before reading Jacky's blog), and how much she had grown spiritually from this trial. It was truly beautiful. 

I know that as these two ladies connect, HE will be glorified, both will be encouraged, and lives will be changed. Transparency leads to ministry. This is such a beautiful example of how HE uses trials for good. 

If you would like to read Jacky's blog of her experience and 
 
Jacky has used her loss and grief to encourage others. A beautiful testimony of the Christian life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment