Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Making the Most of Our Time



Making the Most of our Time

Ephesians 5:15-17 So be careful how you live.  Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise.  Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.  Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. 

Looking back at the last 71/2 years of my life as a mamma I wonder, WOW, where has the time gone.  I’m sure many of you feel the same way.  Sometimes I then catch myself thinking, has my time been well spent?  

I am pleased to say my life has slowed down a bit lately.  I have been able to, at times,  sit without interruption and meditate on His Word and breathe Him in, and it is a beautiful thing.  Maybe you are in the same phase of life.  Or maybe your life, like mine has been for many years, is on the busier side.  If so, I encourage you to find time for Him, even if for only a few minutes each day.   The Lord desires to be a part of every detail of our lives.  He wants us to cling to Him for everything and to be watchful as to not replace Him or our time with idols.   

Jeremiah 13:11 For a sash clings to the waist of a man, so I have caused the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah to cling to Me, says the Lord, that they may become My people, for renown, for praise, and for glory, but they would not hear. (Lord I pray we hear)

I wonder, if we allow God back into the decisions of our everyday lives, what our lives would  actually look like?  Less work/more play, more missions/less vacations, more sacrifice/more fulfillment, more prayer/less talking, less stuff/more treasures, more service/less free time?  Things that make me go humm?  How about you, how do you think God would like to see your life played out?  Have you asked Him lately?  Maybe you're right on track or maybe it's time to make some changes.

Lord Jesus we love you.  I pray You give us the desire to come to You and be filled by You alone.  I especially pray for the moms who have busy schedules to be able to carve out time to spend with You and that You give them rest and strength for each new day.  I pray we find time to delight in Your Presence so that we may better reflect You and keep to Your ways. 
Love, Fran

Proverbs 16:9 The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his step.



No comments:

Post a Comment