Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Restore Me


You have allowed me to suffer much hardship,
    but you will restore me to life again
    and lift me up from the depths of the earth.
21 
You will restore me to even greater honor
    and comfort me once again.

- Psalm 71:20-21

I love scripture. It meets me where I am at, and reminds me of where I am going. It shines light on who I am and how HE sees me...when my enemy whispers craziness that tells otherwise. 

The above verse did that for me this week. The Lord tells how HE allowed me to suffer hardship but will restore me to life again and lift me up. Sometimes those "depths" can feel so heavy, right? He promises to comfort me. What peace there is in that alone. When I look to my left and right, and find a bunch of chatter that doesn't make me feel better about my circumstance... I can look to His Word, His comfort that will bring about restoration like no other. 

Restore: to bring back into existence or use. 
                Synonyms: renew & revive 

HE will bring me back into "use" for Kingdom business. When I feel exiled and raw with emotion. When I feel alone and undone. HE promises to renew me. Revive me. What sweet words to a heart that is heavy. 

After spending time alone with Christ our outlook is different. Our hope is restored. Our eyes back on the prize...heaven. Our hands looking for people to help. Our feel looking for places to serve. Our lives a true reflection of His Spirit overflowing.

Being a mom is tiring, trying, and exhausting. But it is a gift and a role entrusted to us. We must be renewed daily in order to spill truth into our little ones. As the chatter in this life is loud, we must set aside quiet time to hear those true words of who we are in Him. How HE sees us. How much HE has in store for us. 

Be still and know that HE is God! 

Name one 'hardship' you need restoration with.
Bring it before God and ask Him to revive you.  

Open your hands and release the crazy and watch Him work. 

Spend time with Him each morning, and allow His Word to refresh you. Journal what HE says!

HE loves you so much and sees it all. HE knows your heart. HE wants to help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment