Monday, July 14, 2014

HIS Best. HIS Direction. His Wisdom.

"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." -2 Corinthians 10:35
 
A few weeks ago I had a conversation with a friend that left me frustrated and concerned. But as I drove home, I knew within the chatter there was some truth weaved in as well. She shared many of my weaknesses as a mom. It was hard to receive. It wasn't sandwiched between love, or those things she thought I was doing well, as those of us school teachers have learned to do in conferences :) 
 
I realized that in all of my conversations in life there is chatter and truth. This opened my eyes to my deep need to seek Him daily for discernment in my conversations. Many want to speak into our lives, and if our hearts are ready to receive and discern it will be much easier to swallow when those hard conversations come. 
 
As a mom, many times, it seems so many want to speak into exactly what they think we should/shouldn't be doing. Placing their convictions on us. Unfortunately we do this too!
Sometimes it's hard. Stop and seek Him for HIS best. HIS direction. HIS wisdom.

In my quiet time daily, I ask Him for discernment to decipher between chatter and Truth. Those voices that want desperately to change what HE is doing in our lives. And those voices that want to direct us back to the path HE has for our lives as well. One is from the pit of hell and the other is from the Spirit of God. That's why HE tells us to take every thought captive unto Christ. 

Have you had a lot of people speaking into your life lately? 

What do you think HE is saying to you as a mom?
 
Get alone before God. Bring your Bible and ask God.
 
Ask for His best. His direction. His wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment