Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Heavenly Perspective



Hebrews 12:2 
We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.  Because of the joy awaiting Him, He endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now He is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.


We moved to Tennessee about 7 months ago which put us here right in the middle of winter.  Needless to say this took a bit of adjusting to for our Florida family.  As the weather has warmed it has allowed us to do lots of familiar fun summer activities again.  

I’m sure you can list a number of outings your family has experienced and maybe even a few you have planned and yet to do.  The other night as I was praying with my children I was feeling overwhelmingly blessed by all that we’ve been a part of: swim team, cabins, play dates, fellowship with new mammas, friends visiting, family visiting, etc. While all of this I cherish and wouldn’t change, my prayer took a turn I didn’t see coming.     

My prayer went something like this.  Lord, I thank you for all that our family has been able to do this summer, we are truly grateful, but Lord, I pray that none of it compare to the feeling we get from serving and spending time with You.  Lord please help us not to get caught up in this world and all that it offers but instead be satisfied and excited by You and You alone.  Lord please allow us to be mindful of serving others in the midst of our fun and to remember You Lord can be seen and revealed in all of our situations.  

Have you reminded your children lately that in the midst of their fun, there God is.  Have you taken a break from your summer fun and made a special day devoted to serving others?  Have you been able to keep a heavenly perspective this summer and taken it a step further to share what this looks like with your children?  I know I needed to get back on track with this, maybe it's time for you too? 

Psalm 63:1-5
O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you.  My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory. Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast.  I will praise you with songs of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment