Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Moment by Moment

Many are the plans in a man’s heart. Proverbs 19:21

This is the verse that we had for our devotions this morning.  The story in our new devotional went like this:  Alex let a stray cat into the house because he felt sorry for it meowing outside.  Daddy had to get it out and shoo it away.  Daddy taught Alex that he should not do that again as they wouldn’t know what that cat would have done in the home.  “We should ask God what to do as He will be glad to show us the right way to act.”

I need to ask God how to act on a moment by moment basis!  “God, please show me how to act in this moment.”  Sometimes my frustration with something the kids do leads me to yell at them.  I don’t want to be a momma who yells, who loses my self-control because my three-year old dropped yogurt on the kitchen table (and on her clothes, and all over her mouth…).  I would rather instruct with love and kindness.  That will happen when I’m in God’s word seeking His help.


Let’s do it while we teach our kids the same.  God gives us the opportunity to make the right choice, let’s keep each other in prayer today to do so!  Hide God’s word in your heart, momma and use them as a shield, as your help to get through the crazy stuff that pops up.  I’ve already had PLENTY while writing this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment