Friday, May 9, 2014

In Route

Tonight. 
Well, I have completed the first leg of our travels. 
I’m in route. 
Actually, it’s a route that started three years ago (OK maybe 21 years ago.) 
Google Image

      Whenever it started…it continues.  This particular venture started when this blog began.  Our son began college three years ago and tomorrow…he graduates!
      My baby.  My big mushy, cuddly little guy will walk across a stage and get a diploma.
      The route began when we left him on campus.  I remember bawling as we left him to begin his college career.  Uncontrollably.  I mourned. I was inconsolable.  I didn’t want to leave my baby 771 miles and three states from our home.
       Tomorrow the route will include more than a degree.  He has learned to live with a lot of different people.  He has learned to study late into the night and to write papers that look more like chapters in a book.  He learned how to cook and wash clothes and how to manage money and time.  He has found godly friends and learned how to balance a social life while having a role as a resident assistant and holding down a part time job.
      I’m proud of our little guy.  He has done a great job in college.  He will do a great job in life.

      I’m not sure if I’ll cry on Saturday. But I know I’ll be proud of him.  Three years ago I didn’t know where this route was going to lead us.   God has certainly done far more than I ever imagined or thought.   
Google Image
     We haven't always recognized His route but we are grateful for His uncompromising love and presence. I don't know where the next route will lead in our parenting.  I don't know if it will be easy and smooth or difficult.  What I do know is I want the Lord's plans, I want His best and I want to follow Him as I remain in the role as the mother of our three children!  Proverbs 16: 4 "The Lord has made everything for His own purposes." Proverbs 16: 1  "We can make our plans, but the final outcome is in God's hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment