Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Alive and Active!



For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12

The other day I was sitting with two of my little ones looking for a bible story to read when I stumbled upon what I thought would be a good story.  That is when my 7 year old daughter chimed in “but mamma we just read that one”....  Humm I thought, then I realized something I hadn’t thought of before.  She didn’t know, my little Abigail didn’t know one of the best, most amazing secrets of all time, because I hadn’t told her yet! 

I smiled, and at that moment I got to share with my daughter that the bible isn’t like any other book we read, I explained that it is alive and active.  I shared with her that we are to always have our hearts ready to learn something new from God's Word.  And even to pray before reading the bible to prepare our hearts for what God may teach us.  I also explained that God’s Word is personal and that it teaches us in the different stages and ages of life we are in.  So when she reads her bible she will be learning things for her age just as her mommy and daddy will be learning appropriate lessons at our age...  

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.  2 Timothy 3:16

Have you shared with your children this special truth?  If not, maybe now is the time?

Thank you Lord for this beautiful realization.  Lord I pray that You fill us with Your wisdom as we explain precious truths to our children.  Help us to remind them that in whatever situation they are in, our Bible has the answers, the comfort, and the truth they need.  May we continue to teach our children that the Bible is not just another book, it is THE instruction book for our lifetime!   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment