Saturday, May 31, 2014

"FILL and EMPTY" by Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo


After years of infertility and multiple miscarriages she had a beautiful baby girl named Mollie.
Now my sister is expecting twins. God is good!
I was skyping with her the other day and her belly is FULL of babies.
She has only a few short weeks to go and her body will be EMPTY.  No longer growing those two boys.
I was thinking how as a mom we are constantly encountering FULL and EMPTY throughout our day.

For me it starts as soon as I enter my kitchen, that coffee cup becomes FULL and quickly is EMPTIED only to be FILLED again.   Our kids’ bellies become FULL after a good breakfast, and too soon they are begging for a snack because their bellies are EMPTY.  The dishwasher gets FILLED throughout the day and we EMPTY it when the cycle is over.  My mini-van is FILLED up with gas and after only a few trips seems EMPTY again.  The nightly bathtub is FILLED with water and when they are clean, we EMPTY it.
It began with that first child, full inside of you. Delivering that precious baby began the journey of emptying out yourself.
We give all we can.  Sometimes not feeling adequate or good enough.  But we keep emptying it out.
I can tell when I am getting frustrated and irritated with my kids that what I am EMPTYING out is not from Jesus.  It is a reminder that I have not been FILLING myself up with His word.  I have not been seeking after Him in prayer, and I have not been FILLING myself up with praising Him.
It is so important for us, to FILL ourselves up with Jesus.  So that we can EMPTY out what is inside of us.
Romans 15:13 “Now may the God of hope FILL you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
So throughout your busy day FILL yourself up with His word, spend time praying, turn on your favorite podcast, listen to a teaching online, or turn on your favorite worship songs.
FILL yourself up with Him so you can EMPTY out His spirit…
LOVE, JOY, PEACE, LONGSUFFERING, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, SELF-CONTROL
Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment