Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Fresh Love


"The righteous person faces many troubles, 

but the Lord comes to the rescue each time."
-Psalm 34:19

I came to a place where I was just grumpy. Starting my day and ending it feeling discouraged about how my kids were behaving and sad about how I was reacting to it. Wondering if it was going to get better, but never asking myself how I could help start that process.

I felt convicted, wanted to see change, and decided daily to pray:

(1) HE would give me a fresh love for my kids each day. 

(2) For me to see them the way HE does. Love them as HE does. 

(3) I would give them a great example of the Father's love. 

Our kids' first experience with God is with us. We tell them about the goodness of God, but are we a living example of it? Can our kids feel His presence through how we handle life? 

As we ask for help...He will give it! What a blessing, right?

I want my love to be fresh and new each day for my kids. The only way I can do that is by letting go of yesterday, and being hopeful for today.

Pray and ask Him to give you a fresh love today for those HE has placed in your sphere of influence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment