Thursday, May 8, 2014

All Heaven & Earth Stood Still

The other day I was getting ready for company to come.  The kids were outside playing on “Matthew’s Castle” (jungle gym with slide, swings, etc.).  It was a very nice afternoon.

But all activities halted the moment I felt there was something wrong outside.  I don’t even know if I heard anything of alarm but I surely felt it.  I dashed outside in my apron, goggles on my head and tongs & potholder in hand (I had been deep-frying chicken wings).  The moment I saw her on the ground I knew something was wrong.  At this point the tongs & potholder were thrown into the dirt & I was scooping our 2 ½ year-old out of our dirt – I mean lawn.  Jordan is such a little gymnast, such strong arms and legs.  She can climb up anything and hang like the Olympians (well, ok maybe just in my mind).  So to see her on the ground was like that whole time all heaven and earth stood still without breath, without a bird flapping a wing, without anyone blinking an eye, without the slightest breeze. 

I wonder what Mary felt like.  I wonder what Jesus felt like.  I wonder what John and other believers felt like as they watched Jesus receive the many whips, or when he fell in the crowd carrying the cross, or when he released his last breath.  Jordan was fine, just all dirty and crying probably from the shock of falling.  Jesus told us a parable of how much we are worth in Matthew 10:31.  How much would he halt everything He is doing so he could pick you up from the dirt/lawn, hold you tightly then dust you off, look into your precious eyes and say, “I love you so much.  You are going to be okay….”  We need that sometimes as mommas. 

Matthew 10:31 “Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.”


Lord, I pray that each momma knows how incredibly precious and priceless she is.  Help her to never give up caring, loving and protecting her little ones.  There is no one more precious and utterly perfect than You, Jesus.  Please help us worship You in fullness of joy each day and as the Day approaches help us to be spiritually minded with care for people all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment