Saturday, May 17, 2014

"Mother's Day" by Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo

How many times have you failed?

If you are anything like me, you lay in bed and think about the day that you just experienced.  You replay moments with your kids.  Good or Bad.  And usually I feel like I had a great day or boy did I mess up!

Mother’s Day was a mess up….big time!

It started out fairly early, kids thought 5:45am was a grand entrance into the day.

I had planned a busy day, church and then home to get ready for family coming over to celebrate.  We were getting together for Mother’s Day and my son’s 3rd birthday.

I tend to over plan and over think.  See, I really want things to be nice…okay really I want them to be perfect.  I want to make and decorate a homemade cake, have a delicious meal, plus have the house looking clean and decorated for the party.

My kids are 3,2 and 1…so they tend to tear down the streamers, take off the decorative stickers, and not allow me uninterrupted time to decorate the cake.  The cherry on top was they all decided to not nap, which did not help my situation.

The clock was ticking, and I was becoming irritated, short, and basically ugly.  And I was directing all of this behavior toward my kiddos.

For the love, it was Mother’s Day.  I wasn’t even acting like those Hallmark cards depict a mother to be.

“Her children rise up and call her blessed” Proverbs 31:28….was far from what these kids would call me at this point.

And then it happened….that moment…straight from the movies…

The kids all came into the kitchen, homemade cards and gifts in hand.  “HAPPY MOTHERS DAY” they said…with lots of hugs and kisses.

And it hit me.

Hard.

FORGIVENESS.

They forgave me so easily.  They were not forced, or asked, or even manipulated. 
That just forgave me and loved me, just because I was their mom.

WOW

What a great reminder of God’s gift of forgiveness towards us.

He just forgives us, plain and simple.

No matter how many times we fail, and believe me I do it a lot.

 We are forgiven by our Savior…just because He loves us.


Psalm 86:5 “For you, Lord, are good and ready to forgive…”

No comments:

Post a Comment