Sunday, September 1, 2013

DON'T LET ME GET IN MY 'COMFORT' ZONE

O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below-You who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in Your way -1 Kings 8:23

What?? Wait God you can't be asking me to do that?  

     Have you ever been asked to do something so outlandish that you think there MUST be a hidden camera and any minute someone will pop out from behind a set filling your mind with confusion and relief? There are days I examine the circumstances of my life and think that from the outside looking in people must think we are absolutely bonkers! I look on at my husband's demanding job with 24 hour shifts away from home, my 2 jobs, my 3 kids in 3 different schools, the fact that we have a new 6 week old foster baby with many medical appointments, our eighth grader's  extra curricular activities including orchestra and cross country, the fact that we are soon going to be coaching our 4 and 5 year old's t-ball league...and say phew!!! I am tired just reading that!

      Many have said to us, "How do you do it?" and as I look at each activity I know we have asked the Lord about every commitment so I eagerly respond with,"He gives me strength!"  But not only does he give us the strength, He also provides the rest. I have seen the Lord open doors to give us time when there is none! He provides financially. I have witnessed money show up from out of no where right when we needed it at the exact amount we need! He gives us peace. With 4 kids and all their demands it can be explosive but I have felt the Lord pour out His peace that surpasses all human understanding in the most critical moments! 

      Moms, God LOVES you! He will never leave you stranded. Even when there is no sense to be made of the call, do it!! Where God guides he provides! He is shaping us and molding us. We are His children after all! In all of my craziness I have seen Gods fingerprints most in the areas where I questioned His leading most. As you explore what God has for your life don't discount the crazy. It's in those times that people begin to see God in you! It is meant to do something great! 

My devotion read this way :
"Wait with me for a while. I have much to tell you. You are walking along the path I have chosen for you. It is both a PRIVILEGED and a PERILOUS way, experiencing my glorious presence and heralding that reality to others. Sometimes you feel presumptuous to be carrying out such an assignment. Do not worry about what other people think of you. The work I am doing in you is hidden at first. But eventually blossoms will burst forth and abundant fruit will be borne. Stay on the path of life with me. Trust Me wholeheartedly, letting my Spirit fill you  with joy and peace." (Jesus Calling)

Meditate on this:
Has God been asking you to step out of your "comfort" zone?
What are some of the reasons holding you back? Are these reasons a reflection of selfishness?
Ask God to give you clear confirmation of what He is calling you to do and then........JUST DO IT! You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment