Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hard Pressed But Not Crushed

For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.- 2 Corinthians 4:5-10

Hard Pressed But Not Crushed

hard-pressed - adj. Experiencing great difficulty or distress

The Word of God tells that His light will shine forth through my life, as I preach the Gospel, but to also expect trials along the way. Even as I know that Truth in my head, it is difficult at times to walk that out, believe it, and trust His plan over my own.

This past week I experienced being hard-pressed. My son was struggling in school. Not making friends, not focusing, and not obeying his teacher. Many emails and lengthy phone calls, with his teacher, had my  husband and I praying again about another school choice. I was experiencing great difficulty and distress as others observed my child and his struggles. I was  mentally and emotionally exhausted each day. Definitely did not think adjusting to a new school would be so hard.

I didn't understand. I had prayed, gotten confirmation in scripture, and obeyed the Holy Spirit's leading to enroll my son in public school. But I realized His plan may look different than my own. We were encouraged by his teacher to consider homeschooling him again. Our family is  praying through where the Lord would direct us. God has a purpose and plan for my son's life. Even if the puzzle pieces don't seem to fit right now, they will someday, as the Lord is still creating more pieces to make the masterpiece complete.

Why would Christ lead us to a school for only one week? I am trusting and hopeful someday I may know. But until then I will trust, pray, and obey.

Is HE asking you to trust and obey? Do you need to let go and let God? Is there a difficulty you don't understand?  HE is still creating pieces to fit into your puzzle to make you complete and whole. HE is sovereign.

Remember you may be hard-pressed but you are not crushed, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment