Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Say Something!

“And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye?” – Matthew 7:3-4

For many years, I used the above verse to NOT have difficult conversations with my brothers and sisters. Then I read verse 5. Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.” - Matthew 7:5

If I see my brother or sister struggling with a particular sin, that I have been blessed to have overcome, I am supposed to share in their burden. I am supposed to help them overcome and onto the right path.

Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. – Galatians 6:1-2

God has placed it on my heart to have (what I perceive to be) a rather difficult conversation with a friend. After many months of excuses, I have accepted this charge and am now praying for His Holy timing and for His voice to be heard through my mouth. I pray that the Holy Spirit directs my thoughts and words and readies her ears to hear the voice of the Lord, not mine.

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful. The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant words are persuasive. - Proverbs 16:20-21

Challenge: Is there someone God is calling you to speak with, pray with and/or encourage? Pray He gives you the courage to help that person back onto the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment