Sunday, August 18, 2013

NOT ALONE

It was a few weeks ago that I met a new friend. I love meeting new people & am a "talker", so this was nothing out of the ordinary for my life.  But it was the content of our conversation that was so refreshing. We sat and shared about our struggles as moms. We shared our hopes for our kids. As we began to share (as our kids were at home with sitters) I realized that I was not alone. Her transparency and desire for us to pray for each other -was such an answer to prayer. A prayer I had never even prayed, but the Lord knew I needed. 

The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives. - Psalm 37:23

The Lord knew that little detail, having a friend who understands the struggles I am currently facing, and blessed me with a new friend to help navigate and direct my steps through it. What a gift. We have text back and forth encouragement as we watch our little ones start new endeavors. I am blessed. She has given great ideas for those moments I struggle because of my exhaustion as I disciple my little people :)


GREAT HINT FROM MY NEW FRIEND- Take a mommy "time-out" in the bathroom -  in those moments you are REALLY stressed with your kiddos! Make sure your kids are occupied with a toy/game/video and have given them instruction to stay put....you go to a bathroom or bedroom and take 5 minutes to pray and get yourself together

Common God + Common Struggles = Great Strength

You will be surprised at the woman who walks out of the room (fully refreshed by the Holy Spirit) verses the one who walked in there (stressed and ready to run away :)). I am thankful that friends sharpen each other. Encourage each other. Lift up and refresh each other. New friends. Old friends. Friends who love the Lord. Seasoned saints. New Believers. Being a mommy is one of the toughest jobs- as we raise up the next generation of godly leaders. 

God places new friends in our life for an encouragement both for us and them too! Keep your eyes open for those opportunities to make new mommy friends. The Lord is into the details of your life and will encourage you through those willing vessels HE places in your path. So grateful for my NEW FRIEND! 

As iron sharpen iron, a friend sharpens a friend. - Proverbs 27:17

Will you step out today and be an encouraging mommy today? Take a moment and encourage a mommy friend who you think may be struggling! It can be a text, email, or phone call. Watch at how the Lord uses you to uplift and refresh.

-those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed. - Proverbs 11:25

No comments:

Post a Comment