Friday, August 16, 2013

Keeping my word to Wendy

In reading through the Proverbs the last several weeks I was reminded of a comment I made to my friend Wendy.

Wendy is the mother of two adorable tots. 
Google Image
She is doing a wonderful job as a mom.  In light of God’s providence she has many opportunities pulling on her every day.  I am proud of her for choosing the most important; her relationship with God and her husband.

In conversation she asked about the verses I had taught our children as preschoolers. I told Wendy I would give them to her soon.  Although, this “soon” is only relative, here are some of the verses we taught them:

Proverbs 22: 1  “A good name is more desirable than great riches…”

Proverbs 3: 7  “Do not be wise in your own eyes…”

Proverbs 9: 10  “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom…”

Proverbs 15: 13  “A happy heart makes the face cheerful…”

Psalms 34: 13 “Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.”
Google Image

Hebrews 13: 16 “And do not forget to do good and to share with others…”

Matthew 5: 9 “Blessed are the peacemakers…”

Matthew 5: 37 “Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes’ and your ‘No’, ‘No’”

Matthew 7: 12 “So in everything do to others what you would have them do to you…”

Wendy, in keeping with letting my 'Yes' be 'Yes' I thought I would share theses verses with you and the readers of Parakaleo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment