Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Emissions Test


What would your emissions test reveal?  Remember those emissions tests we used to have to do for our vehicles?  The other day I was driving behind one of those trucks that would have failed the emissions test down-right if they were still enforced.   Well I got to thinking about what we as Christian mommas leave behind, our aroma…  Are we emitting the Love of Christ or smoke from hell??? Yikes I can’t believe I said that!!

Sometimes I can tell the person in the car ahead of me is a smoker because that’s what I smell coming through my ac.  What am I leaving for the person to “smell” behind me?  What am I leaving for my kids to “smell”?  Am I emitting a confusing message?  Do I yell at them to say loving & kind things to each other?  (read that again, LOL)

Did you ever just listen to your kids talking with each other?  My Matthew sounds A LOT like me.  He talks to his sister sometimes with my words which leaves me thinking, “Yikes, is THAT how I really sound?!

I prayed for my husband to reach his destinations safely the other day when it was raining really hard.  My prayer went something like this:  Lord, I pray that You prepare the road before him as dry ground and that he would leave a trail of milk & honey so people who would follow him (including the contractors he works with) would know how to get to the Promised Land (Salvation through Jesus Christ.)  Then as I prayed, God gave me that verse in Isaiah 30:21, “This is the way, walk in it.”  (It’s so worth reading the verses surrounding too.  Isaiah 30:20-22)

So ladies, are we leaving a trail to Jesus?  Maybe you need to ask Him to give you an emissions test like I did here:  Lord, thank You so much for the blessings you prepared around me, my family, friends, and neighbors.  I pray that you would wash me a fresh today to start out with new mercies and help me be merciful and kind to others as I emit the love of Jesus.  Amen!

 

Deuteronomy 6:2-4  that you may fear the LORD your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, you and your son and your grandson, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged. Therefore hear, O Israel, and be careful to observe it, that it may be well with you, and that you may multiply greatly as the LORD God of your fathers has promised you—‘a land flowing with milk and honey.’ “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!”

5 comments:

  1. Laura I loved this and needed to be reminded of it! :) Thanks girl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) so beautifully put. Thank you for the reminder. Especially the yelling at my kids to love each other ... Lol. What mom has not done something like that:)

    ReplyDelete