Thursday, September 5, 2013

Living Water

Most Sundays our family hikes.  These hikes are so beautiful and fun.  My kids love them.  We walk a path beside a creek where enormous rocks sit right in the water.  The kids get right down into the water and jump from rock to rock.  I usually find myself a big, flat rock where I can sit in the sun, relax, and observe all the fun. 

Our last hike we stopped at a spot that had three or four places where those big rocks came together in just the right way that they created little waterfalls.  The sound of the rushing water and the view was amazing. 



I found my big, flat rock and sat looking at that water rushing through and over the rocks with great speed and force.  I thought of the Living Water, the Holy Spirit, and how that Water can fill our hearts to over flowing...it can satisfy our thirst.  But it can also do so much more.  Water is a force to be reckoned with.  Not only can it fill and satisfy, but with enough time and force it can wear down the toughest of rocks.  The Living Water is very much the same. 

My mind went back a year and a half ago to a moment when I stared right in the eyes of the man I loved most in this world and saw his rock hard heart.  This rushing water is a beautiful picture of what the Holy Spirit has done in the heart of my husband.  He no longer has a heart that is made of stone, God has replaced it with a heart of flesh and it is beautiful.  Now when I look into his eyes, I see life.  He is now filled and satisfied by the Living Water and it is flowing over onto our children, others, and me.  Praise God!

This week I read a blog that I had written a year and a half ago titled, A Divine Work.  It was written in that time of waiting while God worked in the heart of my husband.  I wanted to share it with you again. It reminded me of the power of rushing Living Water.  I hope it encourages you to be patient and wait on the Lord.  We all have at least one person, likely more, that we are praying for, asking God to do a work in their hearts. 


“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment