Friday, September 13, 2013

Carpooling Kindness

I couldn’t be more grateful.  What seemed an innocent agreement to carpool has turned into an answer to prayer.  This week we began carpooling with two sisters.  I didn’t know what to expect on our first day at pick up. 


Whatever my expectations, I would have never expected a thank you note and handmade gift on the first morning.  I have been more than pleasantly surprised.  These girls are such a joy.  They are kind to each other and anyone who is in the car.  They carry conversation easily.  They talk positive about the school, classmates, the church and their home.  They are appreciative.   They are just sweet. 

I thought it an appropriate challenge this week to ask our children to write a thank you note and give a creative gift to someone in their lives.  You wouldn't think such a small gift would mean so much.  
I celebrate their kindness to our daughter and to me.  Their kindness challenges me to do the same.


Colossians 3: 12
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

No comments:

Post a Comment