Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fight the Good Fight

Today, I wanted to quit.  Quit hosting birthday parties and family events, quit on a relationship that I have been challenged by, quit my job as a stay at home mom and go back to work, quit my quiet time, accountability group, bible study, going to church, and even this blog!  I did try to find someone to write for me this week, but God had another plan.  I even considered quitting on Jesus!  Oh, I can be very dramatic when I take my eyes off our Lord and focus on the waves instead.  It's not a pretty choice.

I was over scheduled, over-committed, weary, worn out, fighting a flu and exhausted.  Praise God that I have a friend named Fran who doesn't quit on me.  Praise Jesus that I have a Savior who refuses to let me out of His precious and mighty grip. 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. - Matthew 11:28 NIV

My dear, sweet friends, as moms, sometimes we're just tired, worn out, cranky, hard-pressed and exhausted.  Don't believe the way you feel in these moments.  Run to Jesus when you feel even the teeniest bit of quit in you and let him refresh you as only He can.  Surrender all to Him, before it gets ugly.  He'll be there after, but it's so much less work for you both if you make it to Him before! 

I had a lot of fight in me over the last two days.  It wasn't the kind described below. 

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.  Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. - 1 Timothy 6: 11-12, NIV

Is there someone to whom you need to say, "I'm sorry, will you please forgive me?"  That's the good fight described above in action.  As Valencia shared in yesterday's blog, Actions Speak Louder Than Words, "The ability to forgive quickly is a very powerful way to show how Christianity really works.  Become a model of forgiveness." ( Thanks, Valencia.  God used your blog to prompt me to grant and request forgiveness today.)

Are you, like me, in need of God's grace today?  Embrace it.  Enjoy it.  And don't count how many times you've needed it!  There is no limit to His matchless, endless supply of grace.  Praise Him for it, accept it and move on.  Then, go give it to someone else!  Let's equip our kids to do the same. 

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. - Colossians 3:13, NIV

Happy Forgiving and Happy Fall!











3 comments:

  1. We have all been there Ingrid! Looks like God used you, ministered to you, and we are all blessed for it! Thank you for your transparency and for continuing to seek Him for wisdom <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quitting is such an acceptable alternative to perseverance. Thank you for challenging me to move forward. Such a sweet relatable post! Enjoy the blessing of never ever giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, Sheila and Joannie

    ReplyDelete