Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Keep In Perfect Peace

You will keep him in perfect peace, 
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You. 
-Isaiah 26:3

As a mom we fear about MANY things. Fear sucks the life out of us. It consumes our thoughts and takes us away from the more important things. It paralyzes us from doing the things of God because our focus is on self rather than the Lord.

What are you worrying about today?
Am I a good mommy? Will my child grow up to be strong Christian? Is there enough money for groceries? Will my child make a friend this year? Will my child stand up for their faith? Do I shine bright for Christ? How can I manage all I have on my plate? Should I homeschool? Why is serving in ministry so tough? Am I good wife? Why do I struggle so much with _____? How can I make an impact on my child's life? Why is my child struggling so much?

The verse above is so refreshing to read because it guarantees I will be in 'perfect peace' if I will just keep focused on Jesus. The cares of this world are many but the hope in my God is bigger.

What do you need to give over to God today?

If you are worrying about something today....plan to memorize the scripture above and allow His Spirit to minister to you throughout your day.

Lord, help me to remember that every care I have belongs to YOU. You knit me together and knew this very season I would walk through. You ordain my steps, count the hairs on head, and provide my every need. Thank you for loving me unconditionally as I share my heart daily with you. Give me the courage to take another step today. Allow my life to focus on you instead of the struggle right before me. I love you! - Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment