Friday, September 6, 2013

Let me be brief...so you can take a nap!

Jeremiah 6: 16
Stand at the crossroads and look;
Ask for the ancient paths
Ask where the good way is and walk in it,
And you will find rest for your souls..”

         As a child, I remember my moms words of wisdom at the end of the day, “You just need a good nights rest!”  In talking with a precious young mom yesterday she scampered through all that seemed like burdens too large to bear.
         She discussed the litany of all that young moms have to experience.  My friend is not a whiner it is just the normal, “how in the world is this gonna work out?” feeling we each face.
         She is so doing all the right things.  She is maintaining the important relationships with her husband, her children, her friends and her church.  After listening to her, I told her my only piece of advice was, “Take a nap!”
         I then sent her a series of texts to remind her she needed a nap, asking her to “LMK” after she had. 
         As my day came to a close after being away from our home all day.  I stumbled in the front door after nine to our daughter waiting on me to help her finish a reading assignment.  I tried to stay awake.
         I realized all I needed was my mom’s encouragement from many years ago and the same I had earlier offered my friend.  I went to bed.

         Girls, our physical bodies need a rest.  Find time today to take a rest, a nap or go to bed early.  Text and LMK you did!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Joannie! Although such a simple concept, so easily forgotten and ignored. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete