Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What's Important "Here"?

Yesterday, I attended a funeral. Funerals always prompt me to reflect upon my own life. I ask myself questions such as:

- Am I doing what God intended for me to do?
- Am I making the right decisions when it comes to my daughter?
- Am I focusing on daily tasks more than things eternal?

As Christians, wives, mommies, employees or whatever role God has placed you in, we should focus on things Godly things. Things like:

- God's word : Jeremiah 31:33 “But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,” says the Lord. “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

- Love: Mark 12:30-31 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

- Serving: 1 Thessalonians 5:11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

- Teaching: Deuteronomy 6:6-7 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.

- Hope: John 11:25 Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.

Challenge: Reflect upon your life today. Ask yourself: What are some things I could do differently? Do I need to re-prioritize things in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment