Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Wise Listen to Advice


Instruct the wise and 
they will be wiser still;
teach the righteous and 
they will add to their learning. 
- Proverbs 9:9


Since moving to Naples, my husband now works from home a lot more. I love this and he has such great support for what I do as a mom more now than ever before. After all he is now seeing how I parent up close and more frequently. With that, my struggles are surfacing and he lovingly has shared with me how I can be a better mommy for my boys. I so appreciate this, as hard as it is to swallow, because it's as if the Lord is holding a mirror up for me to see the zones I need to hone in on and work on. 


A wise son heeds his father’s instruction,
    but a mocker does not respond to rebukes. - Proverbs 13:1

I wish I could say that my heart is always ready to receive words of  challenge as I parent, but that wouldn't be true. Sometimes it takes a little while for the truth spoken to sink in and taken to heart. Sometimes it takes time for my wall of pride to come down. Thankfully the Holy Spirit encourages me in many ways as He guides me on how to parent. The Lord doesn't give up on me and allows me room to grow and patience to see me through. I want to be the wise "son" who heeds my heavenly father's instruction on parenting. In order to do this, I must soften my heart when the Lord speaks to me (through my husband and others) about the changes I need to make in my parenting. 

I am so grateful that I have a friend (my awesome hubby) willing to speak the truth in love. Loving me enough to walk me through my struggles. Holding my hand the whole time. Being a vessel the Lord uses as an "agent of change" in my life. Do you have a friend like that?

The way of fools 
seems right to them,
but the wise 
listen to advice. 
- Proverbs 12:15

Do you receive constructive criticism, on your parenting, well?

Has the Lord been speaking to you about your parenting?

Have you been listening?

Pray that the Holy Spirit would soften your heart and make you ready to receive encouragement and correction so change can happen. 







No comments:

Post a Comment