Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Get It In Writing?

Upon making the decision to homeschool, we needed a new computer. Our desktop is about 10 years old and I'm pretty sure that is probably about 100 years old in "computer years"! We researched to see what would suit our needs and headed to the computer store. As we walked into the store, I was immediately overwhelmed. Bright lights, bells, whistles and people bustling about. The greeter asked us a few questions and called a salesman to assist us. I have to say, my guard goes up and my attitude changes when it comes to salespeople. 

At any rate, we were assigned an older gentlemen. I was somewhat relieved until he gave me the impression that we were wasting his time with our questions. We wanted to know all of our options, so we could get what we needed and get a little of what we wanted while being good stewards. He was telling us what the different models were capable of, but of course I wanted to see it in writing. He then offended us by the constant comments about how much more money that option is going to cost and how we didn't need this option because of the money. I then had to show him (in writing) the student discount that he was sure didn't exist (even second guessing his manager!) I think I grew even more irritated after we made the decision to purchase. He seemed somewhat surprised, his attitude changed and for the first time I saw him smile! Thank you Holy Spirit for keeping me calm and reminding me that my actions reflect my Creator and serves as an example for my daughter.

Following the sale, he directed us to the install/set up area and introduced us to another older gentleman that would perform the set up for us. He was wonderful! He was funny, smart, showed us everything in writing and best of all... he was a brother in the faith!

When making decisions in life, whether big or small, consult the Lord and get it in writing. His Word! Make sure you have a scripture to refer to when things get tough or don't go according to (our) plan. 

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Challenge: What decisions are you facing. Do you have scriptural backing? Seek the Lord and see what He has to say about it..... in writing!

PS: About half way through the computer set up my salesman walks by. He over hears his co-worker refer to me as mom. He abruptly interrupts and shouts, "I thought you were sisters!" My thoughts: Best Salesman EVERRRRR!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment