Saturday, April 13, 2013

Remember to Praise Them

Know the state 
of your flocks, 
and put your heart 
into caring 
for your herds 
- Proverbs 27:23

I love this verse. It reminds me that just as the Lord shepherds and guides my steps, that I too, am to do that with my little ones. This section of scripture encourages me to put all my heart into caring for these sheep HE has entrusted me with. 

That it can be a very exhausting job. It is one that doesn't always get praised and many tears are shed through. BUT it is all worth it when they talk about the Lord without your prompting, pick out their favorite Bible story and share it, or as they say the most beautiful deep prayer before bed. It is these small buds of fruit, preparing for bloom, that keep us going, right?

Many times we are blessed as we see our child honor the Lord with their lips or hands and yet forget to praise them for it. I know that as I raise up my "herd" it is very easy to state the struggles that we are dealing with but am I also using my mouth to praise them when I see fruit that reflects Jesus? 

The last couple of months have been especially hard with  our kids. But lately the Holy Spirit has prompted me tons to get up and use my mouth to praise them for the greatness I see in them. To allow my kids to hear me tell them what awesome leaders they are becoming. In my quiet devotion time I sit down and hear from my heavenly Father truth of how He sees me. I try to remember to do that with my own kids as well. 

Remember to praise them. Get up right now. Find your child and hug them. Tell them one thing you love about them. Remind them that HE loves them and has great things in store for them. 


1 comment:

  1. Loved this Kate! I plan on being intentional on looking for ways to praise their godly talents and to remind them of their greatness in Him! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete