Friday, April 26, 2013

My Girl...Michelle...


Once again, stolen from my daughters blog, "Delighted!"

on happiness

APRIL 17, 2013
05cbab20708c7e159b6086119270293dimage found here
I have been thinking about God’s will a lot lately. I’ve been thinking about how we know (and can be certain of) His plan for our lives.
So this was my divinely inspired thought a few days ago;
My happiness doesn’t mean I’m in God’s will.
My unhappiness doesn’t mean I’m not in God’s will. 
I know what you’re thinking “duh, Michelle”.
But for me, I needed to verbalize it- write it down and say it out loud few times.
You see, I’ve lived a lot of my life this way, without even realizing it.
I look back on difficult situations and circumstances in my life and think “Oh well, I was out of God’s plan then.” or “I must have done something bad and ‘walked away from God’s will’ “. I look towards the future and think ” Well, if we’re happy then we’ll know we’re in God’s will”.
Yes, it’s embarrassing to admit that I’ve been thinking like this (and that’s why I’m writing it here).
Now with this new perspective, I see more clearly that God has used those rather “unhappy” times to make me the person He wants me to be. And He’s used the “happy” times to bless me.
God hasn’t guaranteed our happiness….
“I don’t think the way you think.
The way you work isn’t the way I work.” Isaiah 55:8 (the message)
He has promised us other things…
“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28

PS Michelle, I'm delighted in YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment