Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Don't Be Afraid to Share the Struggle

He comforts us in all our troubles
 so that we can comfort others. 
When they are troubled, 
we will be able to give them 
the same comfort God has given us.
 For the more we suffer for Christ, 
the more God will shower us 
with his comfort through Christ.
 Even when we are weighed down 
with troubles, it is for your
 comfort and salvation! 
For when we ourselves 
are comforted,
 we will certainly comfort you. 
Then you can patiently endure
 the same things we suffer. 
We are confident that as you
 share in our sufferings, you will
 also share in the comfort 
God gives us. 
- 2 Corinthians 1:4-7

I LOVE this section of scripture. It reminds me to not be quiet in my times of struggle. Many times as a Christian we put up this facade that everything is ok and that we have no need for prayer. There is this thought that if we share our struggle then we will look like a weak Christian. 

In my many years as a Christian I have come to realize that just the opposite is true. Sharing my struggles with other sisters in Christ is refreshing. It relieves me of handling it alone. Breaking free with great hope that someone else has had the same struggle...this is one benefit of allowing others to pray for those things holding you down. 

Recently at a get together, with friends, I was able to pour out my heart and was so refreshed to know I was not alone. She too had the same struggles as a mom. What a gift to find a friend who would hold my hand as I walked through this trial. We have decided to pray for each other. Jesus had also put it on my heart to possibly start a small group or Facebook page for those moms struggling with the same issues. The only reason I was prompted to do this was because I was willing to open my mouth and be REAL. Be vulnerable. Letting go of my pride, and allowing true refreshment to resonate in my heart as I listened to another who struggles too. 

Don't be afraid to share. Let go of pride. Be humble. 

Watch Him work in your life, through your words, as your eyes are opened to see that YOU are not the only one.  We need to stick together as moms and lift each other up in prayer. 

Do you hesitate to share your struggles as a mom? 

Pray that Jesus would release you, from any pride that holds you back, from being used by the Lord to comfort another.

No comments:

Post a Comment