Monday, September 15, 2014

"When I Grow Up I Wanna Be..." by Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo

When I grow up I wanna be….

At some point or another we have asked or have been asked the question, What do you want to be when you grow up?
A child dreams of what occupation would make them so happy.
Astronaut, Football player, Dancer, or Teacher
Do you remember what you always wanted to be when you grew up?
Did you reach that goal?
I graduated with a teaching degree, and had a blast teaching 3rdgrade for 10 years.
I found that being a teacher gave me a sense of “doing something great”.  People noticed, accolades from principals, colleagues and parents.
Now, I find myself in the midst of being a mom.
Some days it’s my favorite thing, other days not so much.
My sinful nature notices that my hard work sometimes goes unnoticed.
There are no accolades.
No awards.
God, has been teaching me so much in this role of motherhood.
My greatest achievement is never who I am or what I become, but rather what others become because of Christ in me.
I Col 1:27 says  “…Christ in you, the hope of glory…”




No comments:

Post a Comment