Monday, September 1, 2014

"Grateful!" by Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo

Grateful!
What are you grateful for?  The list in my life is LONG!  
Yet, at the same time do we live in the mind set of really being grateful?
As moms, we are constantly trying to train up our kiddos to be different from the world around us. My prayer is that my kids can see the world through Jesus’ eyes.  
Lately, while watching the news my heart has been breaking.  I can not imagine what these moms are going through in Iraq and Syria.  I know these horrible things happen a lot, but now as a mom I see things differently.  I pray for my kids’ future.
Even though the future is unknown.  I know my God is in control.
And that is enough for me to be grateful.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
-Col 3:15

I read this verse this week, and thought about it in a whole new light.  

Find the time in your busy day to help the kids think of reasons they are grateful.  Maybe while you are driving in the car, picking up groceries at Publix, or that special time before bed.

We have many reasons to be grateful, and it is good to be reminded of it!

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
Psalm 100:4




No comments:

Post a Comment