Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Keeping PRAYER Real


If you look for me 
wholeheartedly,
 you will find me. 
- Jeremiah 29:13 NIV

You will seek Me and find Me, 
when you seek Me with all your heart.
 - Jeremiah 29:13 ESV

When you come 
looking for me, 
you'll find me. 
-Jeremiah 29:13 MSG

Rhythms. We all have them. They are what molds and shapes how our day goes. Some moms are super organized with schedules that help transition go smoothly with the kiddos (where I wish I was at!). Then others are trying to get back into "normal" because of a new baby, new job, new move, and just barely keeping their head above water. And others of us that are somewhere in between those two! 
Rhythms. We all have them. 

The problem that arises with rhythms is that we can become mechanical in what we do because it's our "norm." Our devotional time with the Lord can fall prey to this. Our prayer life. I was recently challenged in Francis Chan's "Crazy Love" study to evaluate how I pray. He questioned how I look at the amazing Creator and God I pray to. I want each day to be anything but rhythmic with my time with God. How about you?

We pray with our kids tons, but I found my kids falling into a "rhythm" as I listened to them pray too. The same prayer, almost a chant, they rallied before God with the same words each time. It made me realize I must challenge my kids to search out new and exciting things to pray for and yet reminding them not give up praying for prayers unanswered. 

As a mommy, I have been given a great privilege to remind my kids of the importance of prayer. How God is our friend longing for true communion with us each and every day. It was a convicting thought of how somedays I must look before God as I pray. I want it to be fresh each day as I get before Him, not falling into a rhythm and forgetting the power and holiness of my amazing Heavenly Father. And it is sobering to realize my kids will pray as often and transparently as I do. I am training them :)

How about you?

How is your prayer life?

HE loves you and longs for a personal and intimate time to talk to you. 

What time can you carve out this week to lay before your Heavenly Father all your hearts hopes and desires? 


No comments:

Post a Comment